- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Able to pass a background check
- Must be physically fit
- Able to pass a psychological evaluation
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends, holidays, and rotating shifts
- Posses a High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
- Posses a DD214 Honorable Discharge (Military only)
- 120 hours of paid vacation a year
- 160 hours of paid sick leave a year
- Unused vacation and sick hour roll over. Sick time caps out at 720 hours, and vacation does not cap out.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Annual pay ranges between $39,639 – $50,898 (dependent on experience)
- Opportunities of large departments in a small town environment
- Supportive Administration
- Monthly in-house training
- Opportunities for off site training in your choice of specializations.
- One of only six bomb squads in the state
- Active SWAT Team
- Police Canine program
- Criminal investigations
- Narcotic investigations
- Several federal taskforce positions
- School Resource Officer positions
Please fill out the applications below or E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org for applications. Please leave your name, phone number, and if you are currently a certified officer. If you do not hear back from us please feel free to call 870-881-4800 and ask for LT. Andrew Russell. Please look over the Application before filling it out. It is an extensive application and you will not be able to save and continue at a later time.
Patrolmen make between $39,639.25 to $50,898.24 a year which depends upon incentives and time upon coming in the door (see 2nd paragraph). We have generous benefits for officers including paid health insurance for employees, a take home police unit, vacation that starts at three weeks a year and progresses up to six, sick leave (13.3hrs a month) that accrues up to 720 hours. The unused sick leave is payable upon retirement. Upon completion of training if not before a take home unit is supplied. Patrol works 12 hour shifts with every other weekend off. There are regular overtime opportunities. Uniforms and equipment are provided with a $300.00 a year additional equipment allowance for patrol. Non uniformed officers in Administration, Detectives, and Narcotics receive $900.00 annually in clothing allowance.
Transfers/Certified officers qualify “immediately” for incentives of 1, 5, and 10 year anniversary raises, education and certificate pay. For example a certified officer with 5 years experience, a Bachelor Degree and an Intermediate Certificate would start at $46,866.88 a year.
In addition to competitive pay we have distinct characteristics that are the “best of both worlds”. Put another way, we offer big city opportunities/experiences in a smaller town setting. We have officers on several federal and state task forces. As a consequence we have the benefit of specialized training and capabilities often not afforded within a moderate sized department. We partner with federal, state, and local agencies with greatly enhances our capabilities and reach. Still, your value and contribution won’t get lost in a numbers game. There is room to grow. Bring your “A” game and grow with us!